Thursday 21 March 2013

Tall Dark and Kilted by Lizzie Lamb



When Fliss Bagshawe loses her job as an holistic therapist after attending a party in Notting Hill that gets out of control, she thinks that her chance of running her own therapy business are over, until she is given a once in a lifetime opportunity to run a therapy centre, five hundred miles away in Scotland. Happy to leave her life behind in Pimlico she heads for the Scottish Highlands.

However after a chance meeting with the handsome but brooding Laird of Kinloch Mara, Ruairi Urquhart, Fliss finds that her dreams and plans could be over. Ruairi takes his responsibilities as Laird very seriously and thanks to an earlier misunderstanding when they first met Ruairi thinks that Fliss is no more than a scheming opportunist out for all she can get.

Fliss must take on the Laird and his eccentric family to convince them that she is passionate and determined and committed to make the therapy centre a success, before Ruairi puts a stop to her dreams before she can turn them into reality and she finds herself unemployed and back in London; two people from completely different backgrounds. The Laird is set in his ways and stubborn. Will Fliss be able to convince him that she is not what he thinks she is?

With enough sparks to set off fireworks, this is a fabulous romance story from author Lizzie Lamb. A fun and entertaining read from page one, engaging the reader straight away into the story that is written with excellent wit and humour that will make you smile. A cast of lively and thoroughly good fun characters that are so likable that some could have their own spin off stories. I loved everything about this book from the beautiful colour purple of the cover and the catchy title, to the escapism of getting lost in this great book for a few hours.  I look forward to reading more books by Lizzie Lamb.

After teaching her 1000th pupil, Lizzie decided it was time to leave the chalk face and pursue her first love: writing. She joined the Romantic Novelists’ Association’s New writers scheme, honed her craft and wrote Tall Dark and Kilted. She had enormous fun researching men in kilts, falling in love with brooding hero Ruairi Urquhart, and rooting heroine Fliss Bagshawe – and hopes you will too.

Lizzie is also a founding member of the indie publishing group: The New Romantics 4. Her fellow New Romantics are June Kearns, Mags Cullingford and Adrienne Vaughan. If they are Athos, Porthos and Aramis – that must make Lizzie D’Artagnan! The New Romantics 4’s watch cry is, all for one and one for all.

Follow The New Romantics 4 on Twitter @newromantics4

To learn more about Lizzie go to her website http://www.lizzielamb.co.uk

To buy this book from Amazon UK click here http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009SG3EQY

To buy this book from Amazon US click here http://amzn.com/B009SG3EQY


17 comments:

  1. Thank you for this lovely review Nikki. You really have caught the spirit of Tall, Dark and Kilted and I'm thrilled because this is my first professional review - outside of amazon and Goodreads. I might just frame it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lizzie for a great read. I will be hanging on to my copy of Tall, Dark and Kilted it is one special book :) Frame it I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous review, Nikki. I've read TDK and agree with all you say. It was a wonderful romantic read with all the elements you want from a romance with a great dollop of humour added.

    Look forward to reading more of your reviews, Nikki and more of your novels, Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant review, Nikki - you summed Tall, Dark and Kilted up so well. Loved the book. It's a wonderfully funny, romantic read and am looking forward to Lizzie's next book. I'll look out for more of your reviews, too.
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Liz. The cover is a really nice colour too, don't you think? I am looking forward to reading more of Lizzie's books too and I am wondering if they will have a interesting colours for the covers too or will they all be purple? Really makes the book stand out on a bookcase! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you June. So nice when people like yourself and Liz leave comments on here. I am really grateful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super review, Nikki. Your comments express my own feelings about Tall, Dark and Kilted. I found it a real tonic to read during this long winter. Romantic, sensual, page turning and at times very funny. I'm looking forward to Lizzie Lamb's second novel, and also more of your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review Nikki. Lizzie Lamb's debut
    Tall Dark and Kilted has it all.
    A super read with all the ingredients
    to keep you hooked until the end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you kindly Margaret and what a long winter we seem to be having too! Lets hope warmer days are soon upon us or that we have more great books like Lizzie Lambs to help us stay in and keep warm and cosy with a good book :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cathy, I love your use of words there, that is really clever. I was hooked until the end, before I knew it I had read half of it. I lost a good few hours in this book, which is my favourite way to pass the time... Head in a book! Thanks for stopping by Cathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Tall Dark and Kilted too, Nikki. The characters caught hold of me and whisked me up to Scotland with them. It was hard to put down and I missed it when I'd finished it. A great debut read and I'm watching out for Lizzie's next book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nikki - you think I'm joking? Thanks to all my mates on Twitter who've retweeted about this blog. You are ACES HIGH.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I completely agree with your review, Nikki. I couldn't put this book down - it was sizzling and funny, and great escapism into the Highlands! I really connected with Fliss, and hoped it would all work out for her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. :) That is brilliant Lizzie thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Kate and Judy for stopping by. I really enjoy it when you can escape away from the world for a few hours in a good book like this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great review Nikki, Lizzie Lamb has written a lively, page-turning first novel with that all important touch of humour. I enjoyed Tall, Dark and Kilted enormously and can't wait for Lizzie Lamb's next book for my next great escape.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fab review, Nikki! I too absolutely loved Tall, Dark & Kilted. Lizzie has such a strong writing voice and has created a brilliant cast of characters. I'm so looking forward to reading her next novel. I can't wait to visit those Scottish Highlands too :)

    ReplyDelete