Tuesday 15 October 2013

Learning to Love by Sheryl Browne



Dr David Adams moved to a small village for a fresh start in the hope that he and ten year old son Jake could reconnect after some distance had come between them and their relationship. David had hoped to spend some quality time with Jake.

But when neighbour, Andrea ends up staying with David and Jake after a tragic event, along with her two teens, young daughter and her confused mother and when there is no sign of her fiancé Jonathan. David and Andrea get close and there is an attraction between them.

When Jonathan does turn up in a cloud of mystery to where he has been, and he is clearly hiding something, David becomes suspicious but before he gets a chance to warn Andrea, Andrea’s friend Sally causes David problems of his own to deal with.

This is a brilliant and well written story. There is a lot that goes on in this book that makes it a book that you just cannot put down. I read this book almost in one sitting, and if it had not been that I really had to move and stop reading. I would have happily stayed and finished reading this great book there and then. I loved all the characters and the way the story was put together so perfectly makes this book go into my top ten reads of all time.




18 comments:

  1. Oh, Nikki!!! What an absolutely lovely thing to do. Is it really one of your top ten reads?? You must have read an entire library!! Ten! Oh, I am just so thrilled. Thank you so much for an absolutely beautiful fab review, Nikki! I honestly can't quite believe it. I'll even forgive Dr Adams for being perpetually exhausted!! :) THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I loved it Sheryl would love to see it produced for TV or film too. Thank you for an amazing read :)

      Delete
  2. Fab review Nikki and so well deserved Sheryl! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JB, very well deserved I agree. This is a book not to be missed!

      Delete
  3. Sheryl is a wonderfully engaging writer - her characters have depth and heart. Fabulous review Nikki and a well-deserving top tenner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linn. I am so lucky to be able to read such wonderful books with great characters :)

      Delete
  4. A top ten read of all time - is a MUST read for me. Thanks for the review NIkki!

    Janice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice. This is one of those MUST read books!!! :)

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful compliement, Sheryl. And a great review! Thanks ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful review and I can't wait to read it! I have a couple of Sheryl books waiting on my Kindle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mandy. All these beautiful books a waiting me on my Kindle too! I can't wait to read more of Sheryl's books, amazing reads just like yours x

      Delete
  7. Great review and already on my TBR mountain. Thanks Nikki.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kit. You will love this great book x

      Delete
  8. Wow - it must be good! Well done Nikki and Sheryl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review, Nikki! The book sounds awesome, Sheryl. Best of luck with it!

    ReplyDelete