Wednesday 27 August 2014

The Debt & the Doormat by Laura Barnard



When Poppy and best friend Jazz decide to swap lives. What follows is an epic story filled with a dizzy calamity of mishaps.

What was such a shame about this book is that in my copy it had sentences missing from the story, so it jumps a lot and you have to work out what is happening.  The book is not badly written it is written in an entertaining and lively way, and I did read the book the whole way through.  I just found the leading character not that likeable, she is very shallow and there are too much stereotyping of people which some readers may not like.  The leading character does not hold back and at some times is quite crude.  But at the end of the day she is just a character, and there are people like this in the world, so why shouldn’t an author use this type of person as a character in the book?  So that is what I was thinking when I was reading the story, but for me personally I like to connect with the characters and like the leading one, which sadly just did not happen for me with this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment