Sunday 13 September 2015

When Somebody Loves You by June Tate

It is 1936 and Elsa is running a fruit and veg stall in the local market, engaged to Peter, a local reporter, the future is looking bright for the young couple. When Peter is away chasing a story that could make or break his career, Elsa meets handsome Frenchman Jean-Paul, who is selling antiques through fellow trader Clive's stall. There is something about Clive that Elsa does not trust and although she suspects Clive and Jean-Paul may be up to something dodgy, she still finds herself drawn to the charms of Jean-Paul.

I really enjoy the pace of June Tate books. There is never a dull moment. Not only is this a love story, but with the added suspense of crime and drama, it really makes the story have added depth and you do get quite involved emotionally with the characters… They are so real and I do like a book that plays out in your minds-eye like a film. I am a big fan of June Tate books and there are quite a collection of her books to read. I have always found them an enjoyable and very entertaining read.



3 comments:

  1. You've made me want to read this, Nikki - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read any of June Tate's work, but it will definitely be on my TBR list now.x

    ReplyDelete